"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ''

Business Card
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.''



Dunn's Sporting Goods
8733 Commercial Blvd
Pevely, MO 63070
(636) 475-4240

Denny Dennis
Sporting Goods

1 Gravois Rd
Fenton, MO 63026
(636) 343-9447

Mid America Arms
8205 Gravois Rd
St. Louis, MO 63123
(314) 631-3130

Smitty's Sporting Goods
13220 Timberwood Ln
DeSoto, MO 63020
(636) 586-5839

High Country
Shooting Sports

6595 Mall Dr
Cedar Hill, MO 63016
(636) 285-1107

News 4


I took the training a while back, but didn't apply for my Missouri permit. What do I need to do to apply?
Click here for information and instructions.

Do you offer discounts?
  • When you make your deposit or full payment you will recieve a $10.00 discount.
  • When you and a friend(s) sign up and attend class together, you each will receive a $10.00 discount.

Do I have to bring my own gun?
No. We provide everything you need.

I live in Missouri. Do I have to get a Missouri permit?
No. Missouri recognize all states permits, regardless of your residency. It is perfectly legal to be a Missouri resident, yet hold a CCW permit from another state. For many Missourian's, an out-of-state permit is much more economical, and they are available by mail.

But isn't it better to have a Missouri permit if you're a Missouri resident?
No. Any permit is legal in Missouri.

I live in Illinois. Can I get a Missouri permit?
No, but you are eligible for several out-of-state permits. Arizona, Florida and Maine are available by mail and we will provide the required forms.

I moved/changed my name. What do I have to do?
Within 30 days:

  1. Update the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). You can stop in any DMV office and request a free address change, or visit the Missouri Department of Revenue.
  2. If you have a Missouri CCW permit you must first notify the Sheriff who issued your permit. If your new residence is in a different county, you must then notify the new Sheriff.
  3. If you have an out-of-state permit you must notify the issuing authority (Arizona, Florida, Utah, Maine).
  4. If you moved out of Missouri, you must comply with the laws of the state into which you moved. Your new state may not honor your current permit or may require you to obtain a home state permit within a specified time period.

Is there a permit that is recognized by every state in the nation?
No! Each state makes reciprocity agreements with other states that are agreeable. Check the permits and link pages for more information.

Can I carry more than one state's permits?

I am new to shooting. Will I pass the qualification test?
Yes, if you follow Duaine's orders safely. In order to qualify you must place 30 out of 40 shots inside a human size silhouette target from a distance of 21 feet. Duaine will provide you with instruction and guidance to ensure you pass your qualification test.

How old do I have to be to take this course?
If you are at least 18, you are eligible for a Maine permit.
If you are at least 21, you are eligible for a Missouri, Arizona, Florida or Maine permit.
If you are at least 18 AND active duty military AND either a resident of Missouri or assigned in Missouri, you are eligible for a Missouri permit.

How long does it take to get my permit after I attend the course?
That depends on which permit you choose. The Missouri permit will take approximately 45 days from the time you make application with your Sheriff. The out-of-state permits may take up to 90 days.

As a permit holder, exactly where can I carry or not carry a handgun?
The concealed firearm permit only exempts the permit holder from two laws: carrying a concealed and loaded firearm in a vehicle and carrying a concealed firearm on your person. All other state and federal laws still apply. Such as, you may not carry a firearm in secured areas of an airport and you may not carry a firearm in secure federal buildings. These areas should always be posted. But please be aware of these restrictions in case they are not posted.

What about private businesses? Can they post signs prohibiting someone from carrying a gun into their business even though the person has a concealed firearms permit?
Naturally, private property owners may apply whatever restrictions they want. Whether or not these restrictions violate one's constitutional rights is for the civil courts to decide. But the only statutory restrictions on a permit holder are secured areas such as airports and federal buildings.

If I feel someone MAY be a threat to me, can I show them that I have a gun to scare them off?
Any action you take with a gun must be in direct self-defense; otherwise, it is considered threatening with a dangerous weapon and you will be labeled as the aggressor. You may be criminally charged and you will most likely have your permit to carry a concealed firearm revoked. Carrying a firearm is very serious business. There is no room for mistakes. If you pull a firearm on someone or even display the weapon, then it must be in self defense or it is not justified.

Is there any way that I can check to see if my criminal history will prevent me from obtaining a concealed firearm permit BEFORE I go through the whole process of applying?
Only locally, you can obtain a personal printout from the records room at your sheriff's office. They will charge about $3.00 for this service. This will not reflect what might be on file at the state or FBI offices.

I had an SIS probation. Am I eligible for a concealed carry permit?
Currently, you are inelligible for a Missouri concealed carry permit. However, as long as you successfully completed your probation, you are elligible for either the Arizona or Florida permits. You will need proof of release from probation to include with your application package, which you can obtain from Probation and Parole.

Home Schedule Class Info Permits My Book FAQ Payments Links Contact Us